Altona Beach

Altona Beach

Friday 27 May 2011

Day 47: Sunset On The Rails

After a nice few hours out taking a stroll with the family, we were on our way home, when I spotted a beautiful sunset.  I immediately stopped and took some photos of the beautiful scene, which Megs was ok with as long as we were back in time to get to the shops.  Awesome.  I finished with time to spare.  Continuing along the road, it wasn't long when I saw another potential awesome shot.  Pulling the car around I ended up going down a very narrow side road that ran along next to a train line.  I had pictured that where the sunset was, was going to be over the train line in the distance.  Hopping out of the car, I could see that I wasn't wrong.  I took some shots standing on the tracks, and then I thought that I could improve the shot if I was laying next to the rails. So that's what I did, I lay next to the rails to get the shot haha.  After finishing the shot, not even 2 minutes later a train went pass both ways :-)  Incidentally got to the shops 2 minutes late and missed out ...... oops sorry Megs lol

1 comment: